tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat App Configuration
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 19:17:21 GMT
> From: Markus Meyer [mailto:meyer@mesw.de]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat App Configuration
>
> sorry if I got that one wrong. It's just that it works for me the way I
> describe it.

I doubt it.  Not only are you violating standard practice by putting a <Context> element
in server.xml, your path attribute is wrong: the default webapp is "", not "/".  Whatever
happens to be "working" in your environment is an accident.

> I would not put the app into "/usr/share/tomcat5.5/webapps"
> because this is the default location.

??? That makes no sense at all.  Using the default location makes thing easier.

To the OP: ignore Markus' very poor recommendation, and just rename your webapp to ROOT, as
David suggested.

 - Chuck