tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: 100% usage and hanging on startup of Spring/Hibernate app in Tomcat 5.5 on Ubuntu 7
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:38:56 GMT
> From: Bradley Wagner [mailto:bradley.wagner@hannonhill.com]
> Subject: Re: 100% usage and hanging on startup of Spring/Hibernate app
> in Tomcat 5.5 on Ubuntu 7
>
> - Did some searching, but couldn't find how to determine the default GC
> method for my Java version

You appear to be running the parallel GC; that's one of the things JConsole would tell you.
 There are probably other ways to determine the setting, but unfortunately I've forgotten
them.  Lambda Probe does display the heap types, but you have to have Tomcat running to use
it...

> - Would you recommend I move this problem elsewhere, given that this is
> likely not related to Tomcat at all. I don't want to spam this list.

That's why people have delete keys.  Just add [OT] to the subject line, if you think it's
appropriate.  Whatever is eventually discovered may well help other Tomcat users.

 - Chuck