tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: 100% usage and hanging on startup of Spring/Hibernate app in Tomcat 5.5 on Ubuntu 7
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:24:00 GMT
> From: Bradley Wagner [mailto:bradley.wagner@hannonhill.com]
> Subject: Re: 100% usage and hanging on startup of Spring/Hibernate app
> in Tomcat 5.5 on Ubuntu 7
>
> And again in a new place on subsequent attempt.

There's nothing unusual that I can see in the traces, so it looks like you will have to try
random GC settings until something works (as Mark suggested some time ago).  Try turning these
tags on, one at a time:

-XX:+UseParallelGC
-XX:+UseParallelOldGC
-XX:+UseSerialGC
-XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis
-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC

The last one is somewhat experimental, as the parameter implies.

 - Chuck