tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Configuring different environment variables for different vhost context?
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:14:45 GMT
> From: Markus Fischer [mailto:markus@fischer.name]
> Subject: Configuring different environment variables for different
> vhost context?
>
> in tomcat55/Catalina/hudson-test.dev/ROOT.xml I have
> <Context docBase="/data/java/archives/hudson-1.322.war">
>     <Environment name="HUDSON_HOME" type="java.lang.String"
> value="/data/java/hudson-test"/>
> </Context>

I think you're confusing environment variables with environment entries - they are completely
different things.  Environment variables have a scope of process, and are accessed in Java
via System.getenv().  Environment entries (what you have configured) have a scope of webapp,
and are retrieved via JNDI lookup.  Read the servlet spec.

 - Chuck