tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 6.0.20 different instances with diff ips but same port no 80
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 16:17:34 GMT
> From: Michael Ludwig [mailto:mlu@as-guides.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat 6.0.20 different instances with diff ips but same
> port no 80
>
> I would probably deploy the app, grab the extracted second_world.xml,
> put it under version control

Why not just start out with the <Context> element under version control?  No need to
even have it in the .war file if you're always going to override it.

> Just to be sure, would I do that by using:
> <Home name="alpha" ...>
>    <Alias>beta</Alias>
>    <Alias>gamma</Alias>

The <Alias> elements aren't needed.  If you just have a single <Host> - which
must be the defaultHost for the <Engine> - all requests go there regardless.  It's only
when you have multiple <Host> elements that the name attribute and any <Alias>
elements come into play.

 - Chuck