tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Strange problem with data source Tomcat 6.0.18
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 00:54:38 GMT
> From: Schalk@afrigis.co.za [mailto:Schalk@afrigis.co.za]
> Subject: RE: Strange problem with data source Tomcat 6.0.18
>
> I technically do not have to include the Context definition bit
> at all in the context.xml and can basically just use the Resource
> definitions on its own and Tomcat will figure out all of the rest.

Depends on how wide a scope you want for the <Resource>.  If it's intended to be for
just one webapp, the <Resource> element must be nested inside the <Context> element
for that webapp.  If you want the <Resource> to be available to all webapps, you can
place it inside a <GlobalNamingResources> element which itself must be inside the <Server>
element; in this case, you will need a <ResourceLink> element inside the <Context>
of each webapp that you want to give access to said <Resource>.  Regardless, you do
need the <Context> element.

 - Chuck