tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Matei <adrian.ma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problem displaying .swf file in generated html from jsp file
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 19:04:16 GMT
Hi David,

Thank you very much for your useful advice. Indeed with Firebug I've realized that the files
.swf and .js were were being searched in the root of the application and not where I hold
my jsp. Now they are loaded.

Thanks again,
Adrian

________________________________
From: David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 9:06:06 PM
Subject: Re: problem displaying .swf file in generated html from jsp file

Have you used a plugin like Firebug for Firefox to verify the url of the
.swf file as requested by the browser?  What url does the browser try to
use to get the .swf file and what is the status code on the response
(200, 404, 500, etc., ....)?

--David

Adrian Matei wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been having a frustrating problem for almost a week now and I couldn't find an answer
so far, just open questions on most of the forums - and i've searched a lot.

> I am trying to embed a simple flash file .swf within a .jsp but when running it on the
server (tomcat 6.0.20 tried also 5.0.22 and 6.0.16) it won't display the .swf. But if I take
the html source and put it another file and run it directly in the browser it will run. Do
you have any ideea what the proble might be? Should I place something in the configuration
files? (the .swf and the .jsp are in the same directory)