tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk with Apache HTTP server version 2.2 and Tomcat 6.0
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:02:54 GMT
François Gravel wrote:

Apart from the earlier message, I suggest you go back and undo the
following :

> I then went through the steps to use Tomcat to auto-configure.  So I've
> added the line "Include $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf-auto" to the
> file $HTTPD_HOME/conf/httpd.conf.

Remove that.

> I also added the listener by way of the line "<Listener
> className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig" modJk="/path/to/mod_jk.so" />"
> in the file $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml.

Remove.

Just make sure the server.xml contains an uncommented AJP Connector
for port 8009 (matching the "worker.worker1.port=8009").
Like this :

     <Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
protocol="AJP/1.3" />

and start Tomcat, then start Apache.

What you are still missing then, probably, is to tell the mod_jk module
(now properly loaded in Apache) which request URLs it should "grab" and
pass on to Tomcat through port 8009.
That is done in httpd.conf by either directives like

JkMount /my-tomcat-urls worker1
JkMount /my-tomcat-urls/* worker1

(you need both)

, or sections like
<Location /my-tomcat-urls>
   SetHandler jakarta-servlet
</Location>

I prefer the second notation, because it fits better with the general
Apache configuration idea.  But they are roughly equivalent and it's
more a matter of personal preference.