tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: errors after install
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:17:38 GMT
Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
> I'm setting up spacewalk, all default settings, and I'm getting this in
> the catalina.out.  Any ideas ?
> Sep 29, 2009 7:19:34 PM com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool
> $AcquireTask run
> WARNING: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool
> $AcquireTask@7da79447 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending
> acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to
> succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts
> (30).
We'd be really good if we solved it on the base of the info above,
wouldn't we ?
So I'll try : selinux ?

Other than that, if you really want help about this, you'll have to do a
bit better.
Admittedly, the mention of "catalina.out" up there is a clue that there
might, maybe, be a Tomcat installed on your system.
The error message above however is no such clue.  It does not seem to
come from any Tomcat code.
So you might start by telling us a bit more about
- what "spacewalk" is supposed to be
- if it is supposed to contain a Tomcat
- if yes, which version
- on what platform (OS) this is happening
- since the above does not seem to be really a Tomcat problem, make a
little effort at convincing us that it is, by :
   - stopping this spacewalk and the perhaps associated Tomcat
   - delete all logfiles of either that you can find
   - restart the application, or preferably, only Tomcat
   - then send us a new copy of the catalina.out, showing any messages
that look like errors or warnings, but from the moment when Tomcat starts up
   - if you find the base Tomcat installation directory, and find a
"bin" sub-directory in it, and in there you find a "" or
"version.bat" script, run it in a console window, and paste the output
in your next message.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message