tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Create FileInputStream in servlet from remote file with accentuated character name
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:24:01 GMT
Sylvie Perrin wrote:
>> - your application, running (later) under Tomcat, is supposed to read
>> these files and do something with them.
>>
>> I suppose that you do not know in advance, what the names of these
>> files will be, and you just have to take what is there. Is that correct ?
> You perfectly undestood requirements of my real application.
> I know that I will expect others wonderful problems :-)

Ok, then we need Christopher's Java knowledge now.
Christopher, how does one, in Java, read a directory item by item ?
We need this kind of thing :

- open the directory
- while (variable fn = next directory item) {
    - next if item is not a regular file
    - open the file named fn
    - do something to that file
    - close the file
    - delete the file ?
    }
- close the directory

And (just to anticipate the next issue), Sylvie, does your program
actually need to read the content of the file and do something with that
content ?