tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sylvie Perrin <sylvie.per...@continew.fr>
Subject Re: Create FileInputStream in servlet from remote file with accentuated character name
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:01:23 GMT
André,

Thanks to you, my testcase is now running without any exception.

André Warnier a écrit :
> Sylvie Perrin wrote:
>> I just remind that I have these lines in my tomcat auto-start script :
>> LC_ALL=fr_FR
>> export LC_ALL
>>
> Thuis, you should probably change, to be the same as your own locale
> fr_FR.UTF-8 above.

The cause was the LC_ALL variable in my script starting tomcat.
I set it to fr_FR.UTF-8 as you suggest and now, my test is OK !
> Allright.  Let me see if I understand correctly your basic issue (not
> the test program, but the real application you need to create).
>
> - miscellaneous "agents" create files, on some media, which is later
> connected to a Windows system and becomes a "shared directory".
> You do not control these agents, nor the file names that they choose
> to put there.
>
> - your application, running (later) under Tomcat, is supposed to read
> these files and do something with them.
>
> I suppose that you do not know in advance, what the names of these
> files will be, and you just have to take what is there. Is that correct ?
You perfectly undestood requirements of my real application.
I know that I will expect others wonderful problems :-)

Thank you again for your great help.

Sylvie.