tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Configuring second tomcat instance on same box
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:55:32 GMT
On 17/09/2009 17:39, Nagulapalli, Srinivas wrote:

>> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
>
>> http://markmail.org/message/rz3rii2w4bdtines
>> http://www.google.co.uk/#q=How+to+view+email+headers
>
> Thanks for the links.
>
> Beats me why changing subject is linked to original mail, when user
> intent
> is so clear! Clicking "Reply" is to same target, and changing the darn
> subject makes/looks it entirely different. How reasonable, and how
> wrong!

Perhaps you weren't aware that some mail readers track additional
headers in the email, (as previously mentioned), to determine which
replies refer to which other emails in the thread.

It is a tree structure so one needs to monitor the branching to see
where new additions should fit.

Simply changing the subject line doesn't erase the headers (which you
don't usually see), so your message appears abruptly in the middle of
the tree.

> Those who makes such decisions about user experience must be put on
> polls for getting raises:-)
>

> This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be
proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
> The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.
 If you are not the intended recipient, be
> aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited.  If you have received
> this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying
to the address listed in the "From:" field.