tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Tomcat Realm Auto-Relogin after Session-Timeout Problem
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:26:32 GMT

Please post to the list, rather than writing to me directly.

On 9/16/2009 1:19 PM, wrote:
> i' am lookng for a way to resume Tomcat timed-out sessions after a re-logon.
> So i found this interesting thread where you wrote:
> "If you want users to be able to resume their sessions after a
>  session timeout, you need to provide enough information in the request
>  to either restore the session state or ..."
> That is exactly what i am looking for.
> Please may you explain me what information i have to provide in the
> request? Or (better) may you send me a sample code or an url where i can
> found more documentation about this?

This is a question that you will have to answer: what information is
absolutely necessary for you to resume a user interaction in-progress?
Whatever that is, you'll need to include that information in every
single link that a user can click on (or in every form they can submit).

There is no tutorial for how to do this, because it's dead simple: just
determine what information is required to continue (after a re-login)
and ensure that information is available to every request.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: