tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: tomcatThreadPool - when to make changes
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:52:34 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R schrieb:
>> From: Michael Ludwig [mailto:mlu@as-guides.com]
>> Subject: Re: tomcatThreadPool - when to make changes
>>
>> Is the possibility to enforce thread quotas for applications (via
>> their <Connector>s) the main reason for the existence of <Executor>s?
>
> The <Executor> or <Connector> thread pool applies to everything under
> an <Engine>, so threads cannot be limited on a per-webapp basis.

Thanks for catching this. After reading your comment and the doc [1], it
seems to me that thread pools created implicitly by a <Connector> apply
to that <Connector> only, while thread pools created explicitly by an
<Executor> apply to <Connector>s referencing it by Connector/@executor.

Neither scenario allows to impose a thread pool quota on a particular
webapp.

[1] http://localhost:8080/docs/config/executor.html

--
Michael Ludwig