tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Cherouvim ...@eworx.gr>
Subject Re: mod_jk fails to forward request on high traffic
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:33:55 GMT
Thanks guys, that seems to solve the problem.
I also tried Mark's DisableReuse and it works fine, but I reverted since
the timeouts solution works well and looks better.

Another resource I used to get a better understanding of the issue was
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-15866

Thanks again
Ioannis

André Warnier wrote:
> John Cherouvim wrote:
>
>> Is there a possibility that there is a problem with the fact that I use:
>> <IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
>>   ServerLimit        1024
>>   MaxClients         1024
>>
>> and default <Connector> settings?
>> <Connector port="8010" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"
>> address="127.0.0.1" />
>>
>> Do those 2 need to have the same thread count (MaxClients=maxThreads)?
>>
> I think you're on the right track there.
> See the previous response from Mark :
>>>
>>> My guess is that all of your Tomcat AJP threads are tied up with idle
>>> httpd threads.
>>>
> .. doing nothing.

Ioannis Cherouvim
Software Engineer