tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Benedetti <r.benede...@cineca.it>
Subject detecting oracle connection failures
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:28:42 GMT
hi everyone,
   I'm having problems trying to combine Oracle and Tomcat: if I define
a DB connection to a MySQL or Postgres resource, everything works fine
and DB failures are properly detected.
conversely, if I define an Oracle DataSource, apparently RDBMS or
network problems are not detected and my application keeps waiting ad
libitum, ignoring the "maxWait" parameter.

my conf:
<Context>
     <Resource name="jdbc/myoracle"
         auth="Container"
         type="javax.sql.DataSource"
         driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
         url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid"
         username="username"
         password="********"
         maxActive="2"
         maxIdle="2"
         maxWait="2000"/>
     <!-- <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource> -->
</Context>

my environment:
- apache-tomcat-6.0.20
- jdk-1.6.0_14
- ojdbc6.jar (2111220 bytes)

is it a driver-specific issue?
I couldn't find out any useful (i.e. pastable) hint. is tomcat+oracle
such a rare combination?

thanks in advance,
   roberto