tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: session problem in Tomcat server when system date changes.
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 08:30:50 GMT
Nagineni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite surprise to see this issue in the tomcat server.While running the
> application ,I've changed my system date ahead a day.I observed that tomcat
> server started creating new session for the same client.
>
> Any pointers on this to resolve ?Please help me.

Sessions have expiration times and Tomcat uses the date/time to track
session creation and expiration. If you change the date/time by more
than the session expiration time then the sessions are all going to expire.

The solution is a set your system's clock and timezone correctly and use
ntp to keep it that way.

Mark