tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: IIS isapi_redirect.dll chunked encoding option
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:17:06 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> Difficult to answer. My feeling is, that the code is fine and the
> original contributor Tim Whittington seemed to have used basically the
> same code for quite some time.
>
> On the other hand only having it in a separate binary will still prevent
> most people to use it, so it might still not be used broadly out in the
> field.
>
> At least we are not aware of any problem with the chunked encoding code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer

Ranier,
Thanks for the generally positive answer :).
We're going to try to enable it out of the box on our IIS configurations
and see how things go, so pretty soon, there'll be alot more machines
potentially running with the chunked encoding option.

I haven't looked that closely at the code, but was there enough worry
that it would cause side effects to make it a compile time AND a
configuration option?

Andy