tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leon Rosenberg <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Compile Tomcat Web apps into native Windows/Linux executables (beta)
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:48:29 GMT
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Excelsior Java Team
<java@excelsior-usa.com> wrote:
> Please help us beta test Apache Tomcat support in the forthcoming Excelsior JET 7.0 release.
>
> Excelsior JET is a compliant Java SE 6 implementation (JVM) with an ahead-of-time native
code compiler. Version 7.0 will enable you to compile Apache Tomcat together with your Web
applications into a native code executable and distribute it without the original class/WAR
files and without dependency on the JDK.

Wouldn't that make the application slower? I assume this compiled code
can't be uncompiled and optimized by the hotspot, so it is not for
performance.
As for preventing decompilation, how many people/companies are
actually delivering a war which they need to protect from decompiling?
How many people would install such a product, one they can't configure
anymore, one that is even infectable by viruses?

This just sounds plain wrong :-)
regards
Leon