tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Iqbal, Aftab" <Aftab.Iq...@deri.org>
Subject RE: maling list archives and bug tracker dumps for academic research evaluation
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:22:59 GMT

Dear Mark,

I have question regarding the Tomcat-dev mailing list. I was looking at the archives of tomcat-dev
mailing list and found that whenever a new bug is logged on bugzilla bug tracker or a commit
has been done on SVN, an email is sent to the tomcat-dev mailing list ( please correct me
here if i am wrong ). I would like to know, if the tomcat developers discuss the development
issues also on this mailing list or if tomcat has any other mailing list or discussion forum
for developers for that ?

Regarding the archives of mailing list, it would be very easier to parse the archives, if
i get the monthly archives in .mbox format. The reason is, i have a parser which parses email
of type .mbox extension. The archives hosted at Apache looks like they have monthly archives
stored in .mbox format e.g. [http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-dev/200804.mbox/browser]

NOTE: I am not familiar much with the differences of other archives extension

looking forward for your kind response.
regards
Aftab Iqbal

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Tue 9/1/2009 2:08 PM
To: Tomcat Users List

Iqbal, Aftab wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> thanks for your response and cooperation. For the evaluation of our research work, we
would like to run experiments on the last 12 months activity on Tomcat project.

> I would like to have the tomcat-dev archives of last 12 months (Aug2008 - Aug 2009).
It would be even nicer if i can have 1 compressed file for one month instead of 1 compressed
file for all 12 months, if it is possible.

> regarding the bugzilla database, it is OK to get the whole dump. It would be great if
you upload it somewhere and let me download it from their.

> thanks for your cooperation and looking forward for your kind response.

OK. Give me a couple of days and I'll get that sorted for you.

Mark