tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Iqbal, Aftab" <Aftab.Iq...@deri.org>
Subject RE: maling list archives and bug tracker dumps for academic research evaluation
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:01:27 GMT

Dear Mark,

thanks for your response and cooperation. For the evaluation of our research work, we would
like to run experiments on the last 12 months activity on Tomcat project.

I would like to have the tomcat-dev archives of last 12 months (Aug2008 - Aug 2009). It would
be even nicer if i can have 1 compressed file for one month instead of 1 compressed file for
all 12 months, if it is possible.

regarding the bugzilla database, it is OK to get the whole dump. It would be great if you
upload it somewhere and let me download it from their.

thanks for your cooperation and looking forward for your kind response.
regards
Aftab Iqbal

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Mon 8/31/2009 8:50 PM
To: Tomcat Users List

Iqbal, Aftab wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a PhD student at DERI (http://www.deri.ie), Galway, Ireland. We are working here
on a research to address some issues in
> software development processes and how can make software development and specially its
management efficient[1]. For the
> evaluation of our research, we are looking for data from mailing list archives, bug trackers,
source code, subversion logs of an open source, live long project such as Apache Tomcat.

> Although, we have Web access to the subversion repository of Apache Tomcat but we require
dumps of the bug tracker of Apache Tomcat development and mailing list archives to do our
evaluation.

> Your help will be highly appreciated and we will be very happy to share the results of
our evaluation with you.

> If this mailing list is not intended for this email then please guide me to whom i can
contact for it.

The Apache Infrastructure Team usually handles requests like this but
since I am also a member of that team as well as a Tomcat committer I
should be able to get this for you.

Could you provide a time frame for the data you are interested in? To
give you an idea of the volumes involved, in compressed form the
complete dev archive is 121MB, the users archive 233MB and the announce
archive 15KB.

For the bugs it will be easier to give you a complete dump of the
Bugzilla database. That was about 300MB (compressed) the last time I
took a copy.

The easiest thing for me to do is to put this somewhere under
http://people.apache.org/~markt and let you download it.

Mark