tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Smith <lakhil...@gmail.com>
Subject tomcat 6.0.20 different instances with diff ips but same port no 80
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:53:00 GMT
Hi Guys,

Is it possible  by using tomcat 6.0.20 with different instances with diff
ips but same port no 80 on one system ???

I have three instances running on one machine named *a,b and c with each has
different IPS (192.168.205.10/11/12). *

I ran instance a on port 80 (it ran), but when I tried to run another
instance b on port 80 ( I got

LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use&lt;null&gt;:80)..*.because
port 80 is already used
*
My question is I need to run three applications on port 80 on same machine
but different IPs, what is the best way and how ?

I really appreciate some one give me some hint (as I can do same think in
ISS server)

Regards

John