tomcat-users mailing list archives

From keeplearning <>
Subject Object.Wait() in thread dumps...
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:29:12 GMT

I am running a test and after 500 users or so, I start to see performance
degradation. I have Apache as webserver and Tomcat to serve dynamic content.

I took the thread dumps and I see most threads are waiting on "Object.Wait"
as follows:

at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at java.lang.Object.wait( at
- locked [0x00002aaac91012b0] (a
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable) at

It looks to me they are waiting for threads. Currently thread limit on each
of 2 tomcat
servers is set to 250 each.

Also, I am looking at server.xml and I see multiple sections and not sure
where to
increase thread number. Should it be for both of the below sections?

 <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message