tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bemaniac <>
Subject jsvc will not start on Snow Leopard & Tomcat 6
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:48:18 GMT

I have been following these instructions to install Tomcat, and jsvc on my
machine, that has recently been upgraded to Snow Leopard:

After installing Tomcat, it seems to run just fine, and I am able to see the
Tomcat landing page when I go to localhost:8080. When I install jsvc, even
though it appears to compile properly, it always fails to start. When I
check the catalina.out log, it gives the following message:

02/09/2009 16:46:42 30987 jsvc error: Cannot load required shell library
02/09/2009 16:46:42 30986 jsvc error: Service exit with a return value of 1

Looking in my frameworks, it looks like "libjvm_compat.dylib" doesn't exist,
but "libjvm.dylib" does exist, though I'm not sure if that's what it should
be looking for.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message