tomcat-users mailing list archives

From asingla4 <mrakashsin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to access files outside Webapp directory in tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 05:32:58 GMT

Hi,

I have my Web application installed in C:\Tomcat\webapp\ROOT.
Now, through the Web page of this application, the user uploads an image
which the application saves in C:\files folder using ImageIO class of JAVA.
Now as soon as the file is uploaded, there should be a download button
enabled for this uploaded image.
If the user hits download, he should be able to download the file he
uploaded.

I'm done with saving the file to C:\files but I don't know how to make it
downloadable when the download button is clicked because the files folder is
outside the webapp directory.

I hope this explains my issue.

Thanks
Akash.