tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Matei <adrian.ma...@yahoo.com>
Subject problem displaying .swf file in generated html from jsp file
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 17:53:51 GMT

Hi everyone,

I've been having a frustrating problem for almost a week now and I couldn't find an answer
so far, just open questions on most of the forums - and i've searched a lot.

I am trying to embed a simple flash file .swf within a .jsp but when running it on the server
(tomcat 6.0.20 tried also 5.0.22 and 6.0.16) it won't display the .swf. But if I take the
html source and put it another file and run it directly in the browser it will run. Do you
have any ideea what the proble might be? Should I place something in the configuration files?
(the .swf and the .jsp are in the same directory)

Here is the code for my page:

<script type="text/javascript">
  var so = new SWFObject('mediaplayer.swf','jstest','400','220','8');
  so.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always');
  so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true');
  so.addVariable('width','400');
  so.addVariable('height','220');
  so.addVariable('file','http://content.longtailvideo.com/videos/flvplayer.flv');
  so.addVariable('javascriptid','jstest');
  so.addVariable('enablejs','true');
  so.write('container');
</script>

I tried without the SWFObject the same result.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Adrian