tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Arne v.Irmer" <Arne.vonIr...@tu-dortmund.de>
Subject Re: Building a mod_jk that is webdav-enabled
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:53:30 GMT
> Very interesting. How did you find out? Whar are they doing exactly
> (config or changing source code)?
Well, I always use tomcat only with mod_jk on the server. WebDAV is part of our web-application
an uses the sso-valve with our application.
I installed on a new machine (OpenSuse 11.1) Apache-Event-2.2.13-1.1 and mod_jk via yast.

Configured it as I always do in the vhost.d/foo.conf:

#Connection to Tomcat
<IfModule mod_jk.c>
        JkMount /myWebApp/* tomcat
        JkMount /myWebDAV/* tomcat
</IfModule>

On the new machine webdav methods where rejected (Status 405). So I got the fresh sources
from Tomcat-Connectors:1.2.28 installed the apache2-dev rpm via yast

Compile:
cd tomcat-connectors-1.2.28-src/native/
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs2-event
make
sudo make install

Small pitfall:
Make install copies mod_jk.so in /usr/lib64/apache2-event/mod_jk.so but standard SuSE /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf
configures

LoadModule jk_module                      /usr/lib64/apache2/mod_jk.so

It has to be changed to
LoadModule jk_module                      /usr/lib64/apache2-event/mod_jk.so

Now WebDAV methods are accepted by mod_jk.

Two hints:
- Uninstall mod_jk.so in yast to be save not having updates with non working mod_jk.so
- to see whats the current version of a binary mod_jk.so use
strings /usr/lib64/apache2-event/mod_jk.so | grep mod_jk/

Yours
 Arne