tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Crefeld ...@cataneo.eu>
Subject Re: Container based authentication using LDAP and Active Directory
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:11:18 GMT
Am Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:00:39 -0500
schrieb sharda k <sktomcat@gmail.com>:

>    - User ids are being stored in LDAP
>    - User credentials(password) are being stored in Active Directory
> (AD).
>    - User roles are gain being stored in LDAP

And how are ADS-credentials and LDAP'S "IDs" synchronized?

Why don't you put the roles into ADS? ADS is based on LDAP with
Kerberos-authentication, so it should be no problem to add the
necessary schema extensions (untested - I have no ADS).

BTW: There is a book called "Professional Apache Tomcat 6" at John
Wiley (www.wrox.com) with some advice how to setup authentication by
file, LDAP, PAM or database.

Regards,
 Tobias.