tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Oliver <joli...@john-oliver.net>
Subject Tomcat 6 for Windows won't start
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 20:26:28 GMT
I have Tomcat 6 installed on a W2K3 R2 Enterprise SP2 VM.  It was
running just fine.  VMware had a stroke, and I had to reboot the
physical host.  When this VM came back up, Tomcat won't start.  The only
error I can see is stdout_log, and it says:

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

Pretty cryptic, and no useful details that I can discern.  But that's
what it gives me.  How do I find and fix the problem?