tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <>
Subject Re: Log4j vs JULI configuration discrepancy
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:12:03 GMT
"Mark Thomas" <> wrote in message
> Eric B. wrote:
>> Is there a workaround for this, or just one of those things that you have
>> learn to live with?
> In, modify the following entry as shown:
> common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar
> then you can place in CATALINA_BASE/lib

Another really strange result.  If I delete the in
CATALINA_BASE/conf, I get the following error msg:
        at$ Source)
        at Method)
        at Source)
Could not find the main class: .  Program will exit.

Not quite sure why - I looked at the startup script and it is supposed to
ignore it if missing, so not sure why I would be getting the
ClassNotFoundException.  So far, my workaround has been to use an empty, and tomcat launches.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message