tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j vs JULI configuration discrepancy
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:12:03 GMT
"Mark Thomas" <markt@apache.org> wrote in message
news:4A7C9110.50907@apache.org...
> Eric B. wrote:
>> Is there a workaround for this, or just one of those things that you have
>> learn to live with?
>
> In catalina.properties, modify the following entry as shown:
> common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar
>
> then you can place log4j.properties in CATALINA_BASE/lib

Another really strange result.  If I delete the logging.properties in
CATALINA_BASE/conf, I get the following error msg:
Could not find the main class: .  Program will exit.

Not quite sure why - I looked at the startup script and it is supposed to
ignore it if missing, so not sure why I would be getting the
ClassNotFoundException.  So far, my workaround has been to use an empty
logging.properties, and tomcat launches.

Weird?

Eric