tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <>
Subject Re: How to define a Realm as a global resource and use it as a ResourceLink?
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:54:31 GMT
> Pooling Resources:
> you might want to try other AppServers such as GF and Weblogic for either
> pooling
> and/or persistence provider support (as specified by J2EE Connector
> Architecture)
> Identity and Security:
> Identity and security (authentication and authorization) would be handled
> by
> Sun Java System Directory Server to authenticate and authorize users,
> as well as enforce access control policies across all communities,
> applications, and services on a global basis.
> here is a tutorial on creating,modifying and viewing acls for your
> Directory Server
> GF Mailing List:
> GF has an active userlist at

Thanks for the idea Marty.  Whereas I have considered other AppServers in
the past, I/we don't really have the time or inclination at this point to
look outside of Tomcat.

But will definitely keep it in mind for future expansion possibilities.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message