tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to enable containerLog for one particular class only?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 19:55:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to enable some logging for a particular class.
In org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm, there are log messages written using
containerLog.trace().  While I understand this means that if the trace level
is selected for the containerLog, the message will be displayed.

My concern, of course, is that if I enable trace msgs on the container, I
will be blasted by thousands of log lines, and be unable to find the ones
that I really want belonging to JNDIRealm.  Not to mention that the system
will crawl to a halt with all the debug information being printed.

Is there a way I can enable the containerLog trace level but for that one
particular class only?

Thanks,

Eric