tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to authenticate JNDIRealm against linux LDAP users?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 18:54:55 GMT
"Mark Thomas" <markt@apache.org> wrote in message
news:4A7C7353.5090702@apache.org...
>> My question therefore is the following: is there another class that I can
>> use instead of JNDIRealm to authenticate against Linux passwords, or does
>> anyone know if there is another way to configure Linux to store passwords
>> in
>> a manner that is consistent with Tomcat's JNDIRealm?
>
> Have you tried not setting the userPassword attribute for the JNDIRealm?

Unbelievable!  I missed that in the docs, and didn't see it working that way
anywhere in the code (everywhere I looked, it seemed as though the user was
being authenticated against the userPassword).
I removed the userPassword setting in my Realm and it seems to work as
advertised now.

Thanks so much!  You just put an end to 2 days of pulling out my hair.

Eric