tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject Re: Request Help
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:26:51 GMT
2009/8/18 R.Sriram <sriram@rstech.net>
> I am trying to find out from Network Solution what JDK version they are using to compile.
All they are telling me is they use JServ 1.1.2 and JDK compatible to that. Do you know what
version of JDK that would map to.

No, as there are several possibilities.  By the way, JServ is truly
ancient - why are you using their shared hosting service?

> Also, it wouldnt matter if they are using Tomcat as the servlet container or not, right?
It shouldnt matter which environment their servlet is running, right?

Well... as this is a Tomcat list, you won't get very good support if
you're not asking a question about Tomcat :-).  But for a simple
"hello world" class then, no, in theory it shouldn't matter.
Practically, each container has its own oddities.

- Peter