tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject Re: Request Help
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:38:24 GMT
2009/8/18 Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen@etf.bg.ac.rs>
> R.Sriram wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to host my servlet based solution in Network Solutions shared hosting
service.
>> In order test if I can use it, I downloaded Hello.java from their environment and
compiled in my environment as MyHello.class.
>> I tested their Hello.class (Hello.class compiled in their environment); that works.
However, MyHello.class doesn't work.
>> Could anyone tell why this could be happening.
>
> You could describe your problem in more useful detail: Exact Tomcat versions used, JRE/JDK
versions, and OS.

> Do you get any exceptions? Look on the console or the log file (logs/catalina.out).
>
> Send us your web.xml.

In particular:

What JDK level do Network Solutions run Tomcat under?
What level are you compiling under?

If NetSol are running Java 1.5, and you're compiling a class to expect
1.6, their server won't load the class and you'll get an exception as
it loads.

- Peter