tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Don Prezioso <dp...@ashland.edu>
Subject SSL with multiple Tomcat instances
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:08:16 GMT
I have two instances of Tomcat 5.5 set up on a Red Hat box, each using separate IP addresses.
I have obtained two certificates, one for each instance, and have put them in separate keystores.
Both certificates are from IPSCA and both keystores have been set up in the same manner. Each
keystore is properly referenced in the associated server.xml

The first instance (on eth0) is working with no problems. The second instance (on eth0:0),
appears to work fine in IE, but when I connect using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, I get the
message:

The web site's certificate cannot be verified. Do you want to continue? The certificate cannot
be verified by a trusted source.

When I view the certificate, it appears valid. If I click on 'Yes', then check the certificate,
it says it is 'Verified by: IPS Certification Authority s.l.' and again, all appears fine.

Any ideas on why I am only getting the warning only on the second instance? I can't believe
it is an issue with IPSCA since the first instance does not exhibit the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don

--