tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Ee" <and...@sysatwork.com>
Subject RE: Multi-Level Context Paths
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:57:18 GMT
Hi Mark,

Thank you and I will try disabling both the autoDeploy and deployOnStartup.

I actually created sg#server#test.xml under Catalina/localhost/ and points
docBase="/usr/local/apache-tomcat/sg#server#test.war". After I started up
Tomcat, it deployed the war file and created sg#server#test folder under
webapps/.

However, the context path sg#server#test.xml failed to startup, with the
following errors under catalina.out

Aug 19, 2009 12:35:45 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error filterStart
Aug 19, 2009 12:35:45 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/sg/server/test] startup failed due to previous errors

I checked localhost log and saw,

Caused by: com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.factory.FactoryException: Could
not read config file : /WEB-INF/sitemesh.xml: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/local/apache-tomcat/webapps/sg (No such file or directory)

Assuming # symbol not recognized by Java utilities or sitemesh under Solaris
10. I will check more about sitemesh...

Best Regards,
Andy Ee