tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan Denton <dden...@remitpro.com>
Subject Tomcat 6 shutdown hangs server when using JDK 6.0_15
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:57:17 GMT
Hello all.

I'm running an RHEL 4 server on a VMware VM hosting tomcat 6, using JDK 6.0_15. When I attempt
to shutdown any tomcat instance, the entire server (VM) hangs and has to be rebooted. Even
out of the box tomcat installations cause this.

When I use JDK 5.0, this doesn't happen. The tomcat instance logs don't show anything useful.
I've attempted to use jstack and pstack to get a trace of the process during shutdown, but
the server dies before anything useful is logged. Has this happened to anyone else out there?
Google yields lots of "tomcat hung" hits, but nothing about the OS hanging in response to
a shutdown.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Dan