tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Trailer header and tomcat
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 22:12:05 GMT

coding needs to conform to the spec's requirement for [weak]opaque-tag

entity-tag = [ weak ] opaque-tag
      weak       = "W/"
      opaque-tag = quoted-string

A "strong entity tag" MAY be shared by two entities of a resource
   only if they are equivalent by octet equality.(i interpret this as byte for byte equivalence)

   A "weak entity tag," indicated by the "W/" prefix, MAY be shared by
   two entities of a resource only if the entities are equivalent and
   could be substituted for each other with no significant change in
   semantics. A weak entity tag can only be used for weak comparison.

E-Tags are generally used for transmission of sizable resources such as blobs/jpgs

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.11

Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.