tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andre-John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Multiple data centers and redundency?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:38:17 GMT
Hi,

I have just been given some more information. The architecture would
involve a DNS server perodically giving out a DNS address for one DNS
server and then an address for the other. Each data centre would have
multiple hosts, each running multiple tomcats. The load balancer would
take the incoming request and send it to one of the tomcat instances,
using a cookie to send the request back to the same tomcat instance.

I see there is clustering available with Tomcat, but I don't see how
this works across data centers, if at all.

André-John