tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andre-John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Multiple data centers and redundency?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:30:22 GMT
Hi,

I have been asked to look into a solution that would involve a few
different data centres each with their own set of load balanced Tomcat
servers. The requirement is for the users not to lose their session if
one data center goes down. I have never had to work on something this
large and have no idea to what extent this can be achieved with Tomcat.

My initial thoughts would be for each data center to have a session
pool, which is synced with each other, so if ever a Tomcat server or
data center goes down they can check in the pool to see if it exists
and then reuse that. It would mean extra communication behind the
scene, but I see no other way go about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

André-John