tomcat-users mailing list archives

From andre John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Sub paths and context (migrating Tomcat 5.0 to 5.5)
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:37:01 GMT

Hi,

We currently have a context configuration (conf/Catalina/localhost/partnerco.xml) file that
contains the following :

<Context debug="1" docBase="/data/webapps/enroll/agent" path="/enroll/partnerco" reloadable="true"
override="true">
 <Parameter name="redirectURL" value="/agent/enroll.do?partner=PC" override="false"/>
 <Parameter name="partnerCode" value="PC" override="false"/>
</Context>

So when a user types:

http://.../enroll/partnerco

it gets picked up by the appropriate web application. Migrating to Tomcat 5.5 it appears to
be the file name of the context file that is used and the "path" attribute is ignored. This
means only:

http://.../partnerco

works. How can I get back this functionality, without having to change the application architecture?
I have tried moving the context file to:

 conf/Catalina/localhost/enroll/partnerco.xml

but this doesn't work either.

André-John