tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fang Zhu <zhufan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Where should we deploy/put web application patch jar in Tomcat 5.5 ?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:05:04 GMT

As we all know, we can put the web application jar under:/WEB-INF/lib

I have abc.jar in the /WEB-INF/lib already, which contains all the application needs.

We need to fix the bug inside th abc.jar, we create a patch jar, abcPatch.jar.

We need to make sure when tomcat starts, the abcPatch.jar loaded before the abc.jar

Can anyone give me some idea how/where to deploy the abcPatch.jar so it will be loaded before
the abc.jar?
-- all the classes in the abcPatch.jar will overwrite those with same name in abc.jar.

I know I can unpackage the abcPatch.jar and put under /WEB-INF/classes folder, but this is
not we are looking for.

Thanks
Michael