tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joaquín Rodriguez-Guerra Urcelay <jrgue...@gmv.com>
Subject RE: tomcat connects to eso.apache.org
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:11:04 GMT
Thanks Mark. Since the connection is never established with eos.apache.org, we can not know
the urls that liferay is requesting, right? So, if tomcat is not the responsible for those
connections, I guess there isn't any way to configure tomcat to avoid them, right? Thanks
for your help.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Enviado el: miércoles, 12 de agosto de 2009 13:45
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: tomcat connects to eso.apache.org

Joaquín Rodriguez-Guerra Urcelay wrote:
> Hello all, I am using tomcat with liferay, and when uploading applications it is taking
too much time. After using a sniffer to see the outgoing connections we found out that liferay
was trying to access file-01.liferay.com to obtain files, but the firewall was not allowing
the connections, whice was mking a delay. We configured liferay to block these connections,
and uploading time decrement to the half (from 7 min to 3.5). But now, we are seeing that
when uploading applications, there are still connections to eos.apache.org, probably by tomcat,
blocked by the firewall, which are producing this delay. Do you know how can we block these
connections that tomcat is doing to avoid the delay?? Thank you!

That isn't Tomcat. It is your app or a library your app is using. My
money would be on an XML schema. Since you are sniffing traffic, what
URLs are being requested?

Mark

Gracias por su colaboracion.