tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mon Cab <futo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat writing the wrong timestamp on compiled JSP's
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 05:18:28 GMT

Given the results below it looks like this is not a daylight savings time issue.  In fact
its extremely odd behavior.  Both Tomcat and the OS have the correct time, and yet when Tomcat
compiles the JSP, the java and class files in the work directory have a create / modified
time-stamp exactly 1 hour ahead of the time that they were created.

Again, Tomcat and the OS are both showing the correct time, but when the java and class files
are created (say at 20:00) they are timestamped 21:00.

I checked that JVM was giving the correct time by running:

import java.util.*;
public class DateTest {
    System.out.println("Date = " + new Date());
    System.out.println("Calendar = " + Calendar.getInstance());
  }
}

and got the correct time, and I checked that the OS had the correct time using command date.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on here??