tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mohamed Shah <Mohamed.S...@tecnotree.com>
Subject RE: Listener Start Error
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 04:24:59 GMT
Actually I am using Liferay portal Bundled with tomcat. So is the confusion. 	Anyway I will
get the latest one from them(liferay).

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:40 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Listener Start Error

> From: Mohamed Shah [mailto:Mohamed.Shah@tecnotree.com]
> Subject: RE: Listener Start Error
>
> Version:
> Tomcat 6.0.5.1.2

No such animal; where did you get that information?

If it is indeed some variation of Tomcat 6.0.5, you should immediately upgrade to 6.0.20,
since there have been many, many fixes put in since 2006 - and 6.0.5 was not sufficiently
stable to have even been released as an alpha.

In addition to what you posted previously, your logs should contain a stack trace of the listener
startup failure; take a look at that and see what it shows.

 - Chuck