tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mon Cab <futo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat writing the wrong timestamp on compiled JSP's
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 03:55:43 GMT

That's what I thought.

However if I edit and reload a file at 20:00, and check the system time with date command
I get 20:00 as the system time.
And yet the compiled Java and Class files are timestamped 21:00

----- Original Message ----
From: Andre-John Mas <ajmas@sympatico.ca>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:50:54 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat writing the wrong timestamp on compiled JSP's

The time stamp on the file is given by your OS. What operating system and version are you
using? Also, what time zone are you in?

André-John

On 13-Aug-2009, at 23:38, Mon Cab wrote:

> When I edit a JSP, tomcat is compiling the JSP (both java and class files)  in the work
directory with a timestamp exactly 1 hour greater than the current time.

> Eg. If I edit a jsp (after emptying the work directory), at 20:00, and then load the
page from a client, class and java files will appear in the work directory with a timestamp
of 21:00.

> I thought this might be a issue with the JVM time, however, when I look at the tomcat
logs Tomcat is gorreclt logging time in the logs, exactly the same as the system time.