tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Shields <johnmshie...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation error for BackupManager mapSendOptions?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 19:07:13 GMT
In the configuration reference [1] and in numerous examples, it's
stated that the default map send options mode for the BackupManager is
"6 (asynchronous)". In looking at the source code (6.0.18) it does
appear that "6" is the default value:

    private int mapSendOptions =
Channel.SEND_OPTIONS_SYNCHRONIZED_ACK|Channel.SEND_OPTIONS_USE_ACK

However, as you can see, I'm a bit confused as to why this would be
considered "asynchronous".

Is this an error in the documentation (and examples) or am I missing something?

It seems that to get asynchronous sending I'd set the map send options
to "8". Right?

Thanks!

Regards,
John