tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Serge Fonville <serge.fonvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clearing the catalina.out file
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:13:28 GMT
Susan,

Tomcat does not lock the file, since it is write only, clearing it has no
impact on the service.
I recall having a catalina.out that reached 4GB withon the hour due to a
read only filesystem.
Clearing it while it is running had no impact.

Googling also tends to be helpful...

HTH

Regards,

Serge Fonville

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Susan Richards <richards@matc.edu> wrote:

> No, but I will do it with a test server first since no one knows the
> answer.

AM