tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Payne, George (ghp5h)" <gh...@eservices.virginia.edu>
Subject RE: Can a connector be nested in a context?
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:33:27 GMT
Thanks very much Mark.

I cannot find where I read this now.  Either it's already been fixed or..I just can't find
it.

George

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 4:58 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Can a connector be nested in a context?

Payne, George (ghp5h) wrote:
> I've been unable to get this to work (nesting a connector in a context), though I cannot
find a definitive answer about whether it SHOULD be possible or not.  The docs say the container
element is "usually" an Engine, but don't say if the other options include a context or not.

The docs should say *only* and engine. Can you point me at where the
docs say usually and I'll get it fixed.

> The purpose to all of this is I have some apps which need to be authenticated by apache
httpd, and some which need to be authenticated by tomcat, necessitating different connector
settings.  To do this, do I have to have two copies of tomcat running or can I just make the
connectors context specific?

You'd need to configure two engines.

Mark